Peace News Summer Camp 2011
From Peace News…
28 July – 1 August 2011
near Shrewsbury, Shropshire
More info: www.peacenewscamp.info
– Cuts and Community Organising: Building Stronger Communities of Resistance
– People Power & Solidarity: Learning from Movements in the Middle East and Beyond
– Building Skills, Sharing Skills: Including nonviolence direct action training
– Red Pepper’s Alex Nunns (co-editor of new book “Tweets from Tahrir”) on the Egyptian uprising
– “Harry Potter and Resistance” with Susan Clarkson (Oxford Catholic Worker)
– Ewa Jasiewicz (Free Gaza) on organising with and for migrant workers
– Author and activist Greg Muttitt (www.fuelonthefire.com) on oil and politics in occupied Iraq
PLUS: masculinity and militarism, abolishing war, DSEi 2011: resisting Britain’s biggest arms fair, participatory entertainment, food from the wonderful Veggies of Nottingham (www.veggies.org.uk), music from SEIZE THE DAY (www.seizetheday.org) and TRACEY CURTIS (www.myspace.com/traceycurtis), and much more.
Join people from across the broad spectrum of the British peace movement and radical activism for five days of exploration, celebration and empowerment.
ABOUT PEACE NEWS SUMMER CAMP
Bring your contribution to a hothouse of creativity, a small self-governed society run by democratic camp meetings, a viable example of the kind of world we are trying to bring about. The Peace News Summer Camp helps build a radical movement for the future by building a living community today.
We are camping in a family-friendly and renewably-powered way from 28 July to 1 August in the beautiful grounds of Crabapple Community, near Shrewsbury in Shropshire.
Activities include: workshops and discussions, practical skills sessions, delicious vegan food cooked by Veggies of Nottingham, music, film, fun and participatory entertainment, a bar, campfires, and activities and facilities for kids and families.
TICKETS & FOOD
The camp costs £15 – £65 depending upon income. Payment can be made by cheque, online or by phone:
– http://tinyurl.com/summercamptickets for on-line purchases
– 0207 278 3344 for purchases by phone
– Send cheques (payable to “Peace News” to Peace News, 5 Caledonian Rd, London N1 9DY), explaining how many tickets you’re purchasing and which rates
Food (3 meals a day and drinks) will cost £6 – £11 a day for adults, depending on income, and should be ordered before the camp starts. Individuals meals will be available to buy at the camp.
For more info, including details of location, see www.radicalmediaconference.org
WHAT PEOPLE SAID ABOUT LAST YEAR’S CAMP
“Wonderful workshops and a wide range of people with which to exchange ideas”
“Safe, friendly, interesting, happy, useful, accepting, great for networking, well thought out and set up. Thank you for organising and creating a lovely village”
“It was a great holiday for me and I loved meeting new people. To become aware of the work that people are doing all over the country”