Seedy Sunday: UK’s Biggest Seed Swap!: Sun 3rd Feb 2013, Brighton
Venue: Brighton Corn Exchange, Church Street, BN1 1UE.
Seedy Sunday Talks Programme 2013
Every year Seedy Sunday aims to provide a stimulating, challenging and entertaining series of talks during the day and this year we’re very excited to have some great speakers joining us to discuss some very important topics. Whether you’re interested in politics and campaigning or horticulture and sowing the seeds you’ve swapped, there are talks on this year’s programme for everyone. Each talk will be followed by an opportunity for questions and discussion.
(Check the programme on the day for final details)
- ‘Open Pollinated Seeds, Our Key to Seed Sovereignty’, Peter Brinch, The Open Pollinated Seeds Initiative
- ‘Not Weeds But Resources’, Roy Vickery, South London Botanical Institute and editor of www.plant-lore.com
- ‘Are you a first time seed-sower? An introduction to basic sowing and growing for the absolute beginner, Steve Bustin, local garden writer.
- ‘Saving Seeds from Corporate Control’, Patrick Mulvaney, UK Food Group.
- James Wong, TV Botanist and science presenter and author of new book ‘James Wong’s Homegrown Revolution’.