Sun 23rd Jan: Register for Islamic Community Food Project: Upcoming Event
Awareness, Grassroots Organising, & Action..
Organised by Wisdom In Nature (WIN) with Spitalfields City Farm
- Open to people of all faiths and beliefs; Tower Hamlets residents especially welcome.
- Be empowered: Practicals on the land & grassroots organising with like-minded participants.
- Develop experience in social change & facilitation – life-enhancing skills so vital in today’s world.
- Hear and share ideas & stories – take small, vital steps to make the imagined real
- Bring a team spirit & the yearning of your soul to create a sustainable, more compassionate world for all!..
As more people organise from the grassroots, community food initiatives are on the rise. These small steps not only empower, but offer alternatives to the globalised food system that favours multinationals. At the same time, within Muslim communities awareness is growing that Islam offers ecological principles that extend beyond the term ‘halal’.
With a deeper food ethic waiting to emerge more fully, there is much that spiritual traditions can offer and each of us can do, to contribute to a more holistic paradigm – one that empowers individuals, helps build resilient communities, and genuinely draws us towards a sustainable and more compassionate world.
COST FOR EVENT: £5 per person to be paid in advance. Reduced rate for regular donors to Wisdom In Nature and regular participants.See registration form for more details.